The Date has been saved!

We have our Save the Dates in!  We went through Shutterfly and I am SO happy with the results!  They always run different sales so I was on the look out!  I got 250 save the dates (with envelopes) for $53! and that included the shipping!!! They came out amazing!  We haven't had engagement pictures done yet because we are waiting for nicer weather (Michigan winter's don't always cooperate) so we used pictures from our Christmas card shoot.  (Photo credit Marion Photography out of Grand Rapids MI). I even have them all in envelopes, addressed (for the addresses I have), stamped, and most of them are already in the mail!
     
We had a meeting with a DJ and loved him!  We have sent in our deposit and are excited to have one more thing done!  His name is Scott Ptak and he has been voted "best of the Knot" a few times!  He has amazing energy and seems to go above and beyond for his clients!  The more things that we get done the more and more real it is all feeling!  I can't wait to marry my best friend!

This weekend we also went and picked out the men's outfits (no sneak peak for that!).  It was pretty painless and I'm in LOVE with what they will be wearing!  Paul would look good in anything but that suit! I'm one lucky  lady!  We also had Maddie try on some flower girl dresses.  By some I mean she wanted to try on EVERY DRESS IN THE STORE!  We still aren't 100% sure on what we want her to wear, but she had a BLAST putting on a fashion show for us! She looked SO CUTE in every dress she tried on! 
                          

 We are moving right along in the planning process.  We have a lot of the big things out of the way.  We are in talks with a photographer so that is our next mission.  We still have wedding party transportation, invitations, and my dress!  Those are the three biggest things to do after a photographer.


Dress Stress! Warning...I'm revealing my current biggest worry!
My dress is getting me nervous.  I want to look my best and I have a long way to go. I am stressed that I won't find a dress to fit my body the way that I want it to.  I know every bride goes through some degree of this, but it is really hitting home for me.  I've lost weight once in my whole life and I gained it all back.  I want to be able to lose the weight and look amazing on my wedding day and that is causing me to put off dress shopping! Any suggestions for dress shopping would be GREATLY appreciated

Comments

  1. Ashley, this is so great! I am so excited for you. Ok - dress shopping. My advice is this. Think of the gazillions weddings you have attended/been in. Now think of your memories from that day. Think of how happy the bride and groom were. Think of EVERY. LITTLE. THING. from those weddings. I bet it was "this dance," or "that speech," or "the vows," etc. I bet not ONE of your memories has anything to do with how the bride's dress fit her. How beautiful the bride looked? Sure. Was that because of the fit of her dress, or was that because of the glow of her smile, the cloud she was walking on all day? Yup. I know you want to look "perfect" in that dress. All brides do. But here's the secret... you already will. Because the glow of your smile on that day will outshine anything you are wearing. (And let's be honest - at this point Paul has seen you in everything from ugly cry to next at bat to fancy night out. He's going to fall in love all over again when he sees you no matter what.) So have fun with it. Try not to stress. Don't kill yourself over losing weight or whatever. You be you. NOTHING will outshine your smile. Nothing. <3 ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment